Post-Operative Care and Discharge
- After surgery you will be taken to the Recovery area, whereyour progress will be closely monitored by our medical staff.
- You will remain in the Recovery area until the medical staff clears you for discharge. Your time in recovery can vary depending on your progress. You should be able to take liquids and be alert for the trip home.
- A nurse will review all discharge instructions with you and and the person (adult) who is accompanying you before you leave BuffaloSurgery Center.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions and notify him or her in the event of any dificulty. If you feel it is an emergency situation,please go to the nearest emergency room.
- Before discharge, you will be given a Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire. We are very interested in your evaluation of our facility and your surgical experience. We would appreciate you taking the time to fill the questionnaire out, as it will assist us in continuing to provide the best possible care for our patients.